BLOG: The Camry rolls again...

banner

2006/09/19

The Camry rolls again...

On Sunday I finally installed my radiator. It took longer than expected, and I had to have some help, but it's fixed. The new hoses fit great and everything is where it's supposed to be. She's been running for two days now, and no temperature issues to report. I should probably check the oil, though.

She cost $600. The alternator I put in cost $100, and the new radiator I put in cost $140. Odds and ends have run roughly $100 for necessary parts, including oil and a new spare tire.

So for the past six months, operating costs have been around $340. Not bad for six months of (mostly) dependable transportation. Car price included, that runs to about $5 dollars a day- the equivalent of paying a $150 a month car note. She doesn't turn any heads, but I get to keep a lot of money in my pocket and actually know that I can fix problems on my car when they occur. At this stage of my life, that's more important.

1 Comments:

Blogger dawnsia said...

as promised i updated(it has been awhile-how come you were unavailable to visit this weekend-you are gonna miss me damnit! You didn't return my call either!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counters